Social Media Intern (Remote)
Social Media Intern (Remote, Rolling)
Most people hear about The Film Fund via our social media presence and blog, so we give content creation the utmost importance. As our Social Media Intern, you will represent the visual aesthetic of The Film Fund and shape how we position our brand to the independent filmmaking community. Curating and creating visual content with an authentic filmmaking aesthetic and voice is imperative, so you’ll need to be up to date on filmmaking techniques, gear, and the world of independent filmmaking (being active in film school is great).
What you'll do:
- Curate and create high-quality images and videos related to independent filmmaking.
- Maintain a cohesive brand aesthetic and voice on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Work closely with The Film Fund’s Executive Producer to create compelling, useful, and relevant written captions.
- Create weekly content calendars with twice-daily social media posts for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, maintaining a cohesive brand aesthetic and voice.
- Schedule social media posts using automation tools and native platforms.
What you'll bring:
- A passion for independent film, the filmmaking process, and a DIY work ethic
- Familiarity with Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Status as a student in a degree-seeking program where you major in English, marketing, design, film studies, film production, or another creative field
- Basic Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Canva skills (or alternatives such as GIMP and Affinity Designer)
- A smile 🙂
Bonus points for:
- Social media marketing experience (not required)
- Graphic design experience (not required)
Please send a resume, cover letter, and sample Instagram post mockup to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Film Fund:
A filmmaker-founded company, The Film Fund has been funding independent short films since 2017. We offer a simpler alternative to funding independent films. You can learn more about our mission at https://www.thefilmfund.co.
This is an unpaid internship where you can receive college credit.